Verimatrix (“Verimatrix”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under applicable data protection and privacy legislation including, without limitation, under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) (collectively, the “privacy laws”), in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal data that is obtained when data subjects visit and interact with our website (the “Site”).
This Privacy Notice covers our processing of (1) personal information, as defined by the CCPA, (2) personal data, as defined by the GDPR, (collectively, “personal data”). It specifically sets forth how we process personal data in our role as a data controller (i.e., when we are responsible for determining the purpose and means of the processing). This Privacy Notice does not apply to processing activities Verimatrix carries out on behalf of its business customers or partners in our role as a data processor.
Terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set out in the GDPR.
Rights granted to data subjects under the CCPA or the GDPR, shall be specifically mentioned hereunder.
This Privacy Notice covers:
Personal data we collect
Verimatrix may collect and process the following information when you visit the Site:
- Contact data. You may provide us with your contact details, such as name, job title, employer, address, phone number, email address, or other similar information, which we may use to respond to you or for administrative purposes. You may alter, or delete information that you provided to us by writing to us at email@example.com.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Site and record that data in log files. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Site, browser type and settings, the date and time the Site was used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device Information. Verimatrix may obtain information about devices that access the Site, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data.
- Authentication Data. To verify the identity of registered users on the Site we may collect a username, password, password hint(s), and other similar authentication information.
- Job Application Information. If you apply for a job through our Careers page, we or our vendor may collect your name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, and resume data.
- Financial Information. If you are registering for a paid service via a Verimatrix webpage, we will collect certain financial information from you, such as details of your bank account, including the IBAN, or your credit card information using a third-party payment processor (see https://www.verimatrix.com/sub-processors), depending on your payment method.
Other Information You Provide. This includes emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as prospective customer inquiries.
How and Why We Use your Personal Data
We may use the personal data we obtain to:
- Communicate with you and/or promote our products and services if you have requested or consented to such communication or promotion, or if you have previously communicated with us.
- Provide you with customized services you have requested or agreed to.
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Site.
- Maintain the Site.
- Analyze and learn about how the Site is accessed and used. In this respect:
- We use certain third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site. For further information about how Google may use information it collects through the Site you may click here, or click here to learn more about opting out of Google Analytics information collection.
- Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/
- Manage our customer and partner relationships.
- Verify and/or authenticate a registered user’s identity.
- Protect our interests, rights, and property.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- You have consented to the use of your personal data. When you consent, you can change your mind and revoke your consent at any time. In this respect, you may unsubscribe from receiving notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions provided in email communications. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as communications regarding our ongoing relationship with you, pursuant to the other legal bases listed herein.
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the services and products you request, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Site. This includes implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
- To operate, maintain and improve the Site.
- To provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business. You can object to such processing at any time. In this respect, you may unsubscribe from receiving tailored communications by emailing email@example.com, or by unsubscribing from promotional emails from us by following the instructions provided in such email communications. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as communications regarding our ongoing relationship with you, pursuant to the other legal bases listed herein.
- To anonymize personal data and subsequently use the anonymized information.
How We May Share your Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
- With Verimatrix direct and indirect subsidiary companies, which will also process your information in accordance with this privacy notice. These subsidiary companies are:
- Verimatrix Inc.
- Verimatrix GmBH
- Verimatrix Amsterdam BV
- Verimatrix Paris SAS
- Verimatrix UK Ltd
- Inside Secure Oy
- Meontrust Oy
- Verimatrix International, Inc.
- Verimatrix Video Security Solutions Canada Ltd
- Verimatrix Video Security Solutions (India)
- Verimatrix Singapore PTE Ltd.
- Verimatrix KK
- With our business partners and service providers that perform services on our behalf when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the Site. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other websites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or assist with data storage. These service providers are listed in https://www.verimatrix.com/sub-processors.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets.
Social Features, Advertising, and Analytics
Certain functionalities on the Site permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and third-party services, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Site and a third-party service; “liking” or “sharing” our content; and features that otherwise connect the Site to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Site). If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use. Also, both Verimatrix and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and the third-party service.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration.
Our security measures include:
We lock doors and file cabinets, control access to our facilities, implement a clean desk policy, and apply secure destruction to media containing personal data.
We endeavor to use reasonably available state-of-the-art network and information security standards, protocols and technologies, including encryption, intrusion detection and data loss prevention, and we monitor our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies.
We conduct regular company-wide, as well as role-specific and targeted training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure that our employees and contractors understand the importance of protecting personal data, and that they learn and maintain the necessary knowledge and skills effectively to protect it in practice.
We also have in place contractual obligations with our vendors designed to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access or disclosure. Only individuals with a need to know are permitted access to personal data, and that access is limited to what is reasonably needed to carry out an individual’s responsibilities.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal data or the security of the site, or wish to report a potential security issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When reporting a potential security issue, please describe the matter in as much detail as possible and include any information that might be helpful.
Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information obtained through the Site. Should the measures we have adopted fail to prevent a data breach, we will promptly take necessary remedial measures, and fulfill our legal obligation with regard to notification of regulators and/or affected data subjects.
How Long We Retain your Personal Data
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations, or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted or imposed under applicable law, or that is reasonably necessary to resolve disputes, or to enforce our rights and/or agreements, or during which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of our business relations or other interactions with you. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are either “session” Cookies which are deleted when you end your browser session, or “persistent,” which remain until their deletion by you (discussed below) or the party who served the Cookie.
- Why do we collect cookies?
As described in more detail below, we use these technologies:
- To recognize new or past customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our Site.
- To facilitate and improve your navigation on our Site.
- To allow the proper functioning of certain services.
- To improve our Site and to better understand your visits.
- To integrate with third party social media websites.
- To better personalize the services, content, promotional offers and banners that appear on our Site.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising.
- To measure the audiences of certain services.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
- How do cookies function?
Cookies may be included in the advertising spaces on our Site. Cookies are also included in the sharing buttons on social networks.
- Cookies we issue on our site:
When you connect to our Site, we may be required, subject to your choices, to install various cookies in your terminal allowing us to recognize the browser of your terminal during the period of validity of the cookie concerned.
Details of the cookies used on www.verimatrix.com can be obtained by clicking the “Cookies Preference” link at the foot of the web page to open the “Privacy Preference Center” Or by following this link.
The cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices which result from your specific cookie choices (see below) and the settings of your browser software used during your visit to our Site.
The cookies we issue allow us to:
a. Facilitate and improve your navigation on our Site:
- by adapting the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Site, depending on the hardware and viewing software or of reading that your terminal includes;
- by memorizing information relating to a form that you have filled out on our Site or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our Site;
- by allowing you to access reserved and personal spaces on our Site, such as your account, using identifiers or data that you may have previously given to us;
- by implementing security measures.
b. Improve our services:
These cookies make it possible to establish statistics and volume of attendance and use of the various elements making up our Site (sections and content visited, routes) in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services.
c. Adapt the advertising offered on our Site:
- by counting the total number of advertisements displayed by us on our advertising spaces, identifying these advertisements, the number of users who clicked on each advertisement and establishing statistics;
- by adapting our advertising spaces to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), depending on the hardware and software for viewing or reading that your terminal contains;
- by adapting the advertising content displayed on your terminal by our advertising spaces, according to the navigation of your terminal on our Site;
- by adapting if necessary the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising spaces according to the location data transmitted by your terminal with your prior agreement;
- by adapting the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising spaces according to the personal data that you have provided to us
- Your cookie choices
On www.verimatrix.com the configuration and recording of your choices regarding the deposit of cookies and other tracers is carried out via the banner offered for display when you first connect to the Site. The console allowing you to modify your initial choices can be accessed by clicking the “Cookies Preference” link at the foot of the web page to open the “Privacy Preference Center” or using this link.
On https://appshield.verimatrixcloud.net/ only functional and performance cookies necessary for the optimal operation of the website are used, these can be found here https://appshield.verimatrixcloud.net/cookies
We may link the information collected by Cookies with other information we collect from you pursuant to this Privacy Notice. Similarly, the third parties who serve Cookies on our Site may link your name or email address to other information they collect.
Personal Data Transfers
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that personal data we collect will be transferred to and stored on our servers in the United States. By using the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States as described in this Privacy Notice.
To the extent your personal data is transferred to the United States from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or if such transfer occurs to other countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal data, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts (in the form of Standard Contractual Clauses) approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer.
- An alternative transfer solution, ie a solution, other than the Standard Contractual Clauses, that enables the lawful transfer of personal data to a third country in accordance with the GDPR.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism we use to transfer your personal data.
Your Rights and Choices
A. The GDPR provides EU data subjects with certain rights regarding their personal data. In accordance with GDPR and applicable Privacy Laws, you may ask Verimatrix to take the following actions in relation to your personal data that we hold:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Refrain from processing personal data concerning you, if you withdraw the consent you may have given for us to undertake such processing.
- Refrain from processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes if you object to such processing.
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal data.
You can submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find information about your data protection regulator here.
B. California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their “personal information” (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request information about our compliance with this law by emailing email@example.com or by postal mail sent to:
Attention: California Privacy Rights Request
6059 Cornerstone Court West
San Diego, California 92121, USA
Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident each year.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered on the Site, and who posted content or information on the Site, can request removal by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Verimatrix will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Verimatrix does not control.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites or services for your convenience and information. Websites that are operated by entities not affiliated with Verimatrix may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Verimatrix is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked websites that we do not control.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 16, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law, except as provided below.
Upon request, we will provide a parent or guardian who has provided proper identification with the following: (1) a description of the specific types of personal data collected from the child, (2) the opportunity to refuse or permit further collection and use of personal data from the child, and (3) a reasonable means for the parent or guardian to obtain any personal data collected from the child. If a parent or guardian does not permit the continued collection and use of personal data from a child, we will delete the child’s personal data and terminate the account of the child, as applicable.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may occasionally make alterations to this Notice, which will reflect how we process and look after your data. This is to ensure our commitment to being transparent with you, protecting your information and upholding your rights. If significant changes are made to this Notice or the way in which we process your personal data, we will draw your attention to this either through updates to this Notice on our website, or by another means of communication such as email.
Who can you contact if you have questions or requests?
Verimatrix has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is available to handle any questions or queries you may have relating to the processing of your data, this Notice and associated Privacy Notices.
The DPO can be contacted at [email@example.com ] or alternatively by writing to the Data Protection Officer, at the following address:
ATTN: DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
6059 Cornerstone Court West
San Diego, California 92121
United States of America